Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's been way too long

Well, I have fallen into the blogger trap of saying that I'll post all the time and now it's been a year since my last post. It probably would have been even longer except for one of my beautiful customers mentioned she had read my blogs and was wondering why I had quit. So here I am and boy do I have a lot to catch you up on.
Our family has literally doubled since October. We adopted two kittens in October because I was desperate for the Beauties to have a pet and decided to settle for cats. If you know anything about me its that I have never been a cat fan, never! I have completely fallen in love with these crazy cats. They adore the Beauties and even when my youngest picked up one by his ear, he didn't react, so they're also amazing with kids. Just this week they have found and brought to our attention two scorpions (life in the hill country) so they're officially a keeper. Then over Easter I finally convinced the "Beast" to let us have a puppy. After much searching we finally found two we thought would be best for us. Once we got there he was holding one who was snuggling and whimper sweetly on his neck and mine was acting very calm and affectionate, he decided that instead of trying to decide which to take home that we should just take both. Talk about shocked! Therefore, we are now a family of 4 with 4 furry family members; Daisy, Dixie, Puff and Cookie. 


Now onto more serious business. My last post was about how I don't use sulfates or silicones on my hair anymore and you're probably wondering if after a year I've kept up with it. Well, I have and it has turned into a domino effect and has caused some very big changes for me and my family. I won't be able to get into all of the changes on this one post but there will be more information to come.  After so many trials and errors I've finally found the right combo for cleaning and conditioning my hair. Dr. Bronner's is amazing! We use it for everything now; shampoo, body wash, shave soap, hand soap and laundry soap. We love the way it works for all of those things. For my shampoo I tried many different concoctions and this has been the easiest and the one that works best for my hair. It doesn't work for everyone and a lot of people don't like the way it makes their hair feel. It does make it feel...I guess dry is the best word to describe it but if you read the ingredients you're just cleansing your hair with oils. My hair does feel the same way when I wash it (dry) but once I use my conditioner all over it feels like plain clean hair. I also tried my different things for conditioner but have found that plain ole cheap Suave works fantastic plus it's super cheap and it has no silicones. Any that are listed are all water-soluble which means you don't need to use any oil striping sulfates to remove it. I also use hair styling products for curly hair that contain either no silicones or only water soluble silicons. If you have any questions on specifics feel free to ask :)
So, it started with toothpaste, moved to hair care and to facial and beauty care. Thus the domino effect. I am a very cheap person. I like things on sale, coupons and to save money any way possible. Maybe one day I'll write about how Dave Ramsey changed our lives (note to self to remember to do that so you can change your financial future).  That being said, a few months back I was scrolling through Pinterest and came across a pin on how to make your own facial powder. (http://mommyscience.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/homemade-face-powder/). Basically all you need is cornstarch and baby powder; I add just a touch of coco powder to add some color so it's not completely translucent and TADA!!  You can make amazing facial powder that literally cost pennies. I've been using it now for months and love it. Also, take a look at the ingredients listed on the incredibly expensive Bare Escentuals, cornstarch! 
I will seriously try to continue with the blogging. It really does help to know that some of you are actually reading this and want to read more, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment